What is a “healthy weight?” There’s no blanket answer to this question. Each person has a unique constitution that influences how much he or she weighs. But what we do know is that a healthy weight is one that reduces your risk of health problems, is attainable, and can be maintained through a lifestyle that you actually feel good about and enjoy.
If you are on a weight-loss journey, Alpha Coach Evolve can really drive the first 10% of your body weight loss. All you need to do is to consistently keep your Alpha Score above 70.
But why 10%, why not 20%?
- Losing 10 percent of your body weight is impactful: Losing at least 10% of your body weight is clinically significant. It can lower several risk factors for cardiovascular disease including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. This amount of weight loss also reduces symptoms of depression, arthritis, and sleep apnea, while improving the overall quality of life. In fact, when you lose first 10% of your body weight, you’re bound to lose a good amount of your visceral fat which has meaningful health benefits.
- Losing 10 percent of your body weight is realistic: Studies show that losing at least 10% of your body weight is generally a realistic and attainable goal for most people given biologic, genetic, and environmental factors.
Why does that matter? Setting goals that aren’t possible can undermine past achievements and lead to frustration and anxiety and lead to your giving it all up ultimately. There’s even a scientific name for that cycle: false hope syndrome.
Losing the first 10% of body weight does not require you to be on extreme diets. But small habits you build in this phase can snowball into long-lasting results.
Let’s get real. In most cases, people struggle to keep a food log regularly, let alone follow a plan to the T.
However, losing the first 10% of your body weight requires you to only follow a few things right.
– Eat close to your recommended calorie allowance, tracking your meals and being fully aware.
– Eat enough protein, so that you feel full, nourished and satiated.
– Move enough – try to hit your step targets.
– If you do these three consistently you will certainly reach your goal.
That is, by just maintaining an alpha score of 70/100 consistently, you will be able to do this.In this process, you will develop habits around
1. Eating better quality food,
2. Being aware of the quantity of food you eat and
3. Moving enough through the day.
This can build the base for long-lasting results.
Most people put unrealistic goals—for example, wanting to lose 20 or 30 percent of their body weight in a very short time, say in a few weeks or months. As a result, they become frustrated easily. In most cases, this will lead to users yo-yo-ing on their diet. Losing the same 5-6 kgs over and over again, just to gain back all that they have lost in a few months.
On Alpha Coach Evolve app, we limit the users to set goals of losing not more than 5kgs of their body weight at each phase of their weight-loss journey. We recommend uses to reach this goal and then go to the next stage.