Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Kickstart your day with this Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl! With fresh fruit, toasted nuts, and warm spices, it’s refreshing, healthy and very satisfying. Switch up your oatmeal bowl with this quinoa bowl. It’s high in protein, is loaded with healthy fats and very nutritious.
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 4 cup Almond Milk Original or Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2-3 drops Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Salt
- For toppings:
- 1/2 tbsp Roasted Almond Slices
- 1 Apple
- 1 tbsp Honey (optional)
- Place quinoa in a saucepan and add the almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla essence, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring it to high simmer, and next cover it and let it cook in slow flame for 15 minutes.(Tip: don't walk away, if it starts bubbling, turn the heat off, give it one stirs mid-cook if you need to, and resume).
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and let the quinoa sit for 5 more minutes or until the almond milk is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Taste and add additional spices to your liking.
- Scoop the quinoa into two bowls and top with toasted almonds and fruit. Serve with honey if you like. Enjoy as a fluffy pilaf, or as a porridge.
- You can also add whey protein of your choice to increase protein content.
Protein per serving: 15g Ease of cooking: Easy Best served as: Breakfast