Poha is another popular Indian breakfast beloved across all ages. It is a light breakfast that we’ve all had at some point in our lives. It tastes great when combined with a hot cup of coffee or masala tea. This special recipe for Poha is designed to be high in protein to give an extra boost to your mornings.
- 1.5 cup Uncooked Jada Poha/ Rice Flakes
- 1.5 cup Boiled Sprouts
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Small Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Chopped Green Chilies
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar (Optional)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Place the poha on a sieve and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the onion and green chillies and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the mixed sprouts, turmeric powder, sugar and salt with approx. ½ cup of water and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the poha and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.
- Best served as: Breakfast
- Protein per serving: 10g
- Ease of cooking: Easy
Leave a Reply